Hypericum Flower Hypericum Flower

What the person below means is that this is a Gem! On a side note. You should be able to edit reviews if you make a mistake.

GloomyCity GloomyCity

Hey you compose! Im not sure if im qualified to have any input, but ill try my best. I mainly (only) sample and im not very big into trap really or anyhting modern actually, but this is more competent than most other submissions from newcomers and i think you should be proud of it.

Some pointers that some posters below have said. You should spend a lot of time mixing your track and making it sound the way you want it to. It is not unusual to spend way more time tweaking faders and parameters than it is composing your song. Your drums here dont sound bad at all, but everything seems just bit flat. Your kick drum doesnt have to have a crazy 808 booming everyones speakers but it has very little presence here. There are tons of tutorials on youtube on how to mix drums. What a lot of producers do is they get their drums levels first and thing bring in the rest of the track to an appropriate level. There is no rule of thumb on what should sound the loudest or be the most forward but for the most part hip hop is about drums. Play around with panning and using EQ to get rid of unnecessary frequencies that can build up and muddle a mix. Learn how to use sidechain compression if you want parts of your mix to stand out more or have a pumping effect. Also saturation and stereo widening when used subtly can give a mix depth. The trick is to use a little tweaking as possible to gain a desired effect. putting parameters to the higher end will seldom give you good results. If you want your bass to have more umph and feel more fat. then try a bit of saturation and a bit of compression, but dont go crazy with the parameters. Use your ears.

You do a good job with transitions and you should expand upon that. There are parts of this song that i feel drone on a bit too long(i should not talk), if its a track that's designed for a rap that is fine but remember people listening to this track will only hear the instrumental. there is nothing wrong with a 2 minute beat. Experiment with delay and reverb to inspire you or to give some variation.

Keep making tracks and you will learn, i think its a good start.

Feel Good Yet [For azurepanda] Feel Good Yet [For azurepanda]

<3 Love the vibe.

Heels Over Head (prod. Qwaint) unmastered Heels Over Head (prod. Qwaint) unmastered

Love your style. Nice beat. This takes me back to the days of Tribe. Sounds raw but i can tell itll be good when fleshed out. I think it suits you well but then you flip back to the madlib style and its all good.

Promethicus responds:

thank you very much dude! I love madlib!

hwy

Demon, Devil, Doll WIP Demon, Devil, Doll WIP

Tough... I think at :30 is where it starts to comes alive. And when it does it really takes off and i felt myself vibin along with the whole ensemble. I feel like if this were properly mastered with the track it would blend together better, but i understand its the rap and the flow that is on display here. Kudos.

B-RadGfromOV responds:

Thanks D. I'mma try to get a good recording and mix it. one of these days.

Dog Egg Dog Egg

I like. Loops real good. Drums are nice and buried, I like the abstract and ambiguous feel it has.

Zooloo75 responds:

Thank you.

Path to nowhere Path to nowhere

Cool drums and samplework. Maybe it can be expanded upon.

The Better Mouse Trap The Better Mouse Trap

Yes, but what about the snake?

Beat 19 Beat 19

I like the bass. The drums fit really well and give it a nice groove. The snare could use abit more punch i think. Its solid overall.

SH - TV SH - TV

no complaints in sight.

Real tight. I think it has just enough variation. Good work.